Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

The pig was staring at me!



On Saturday the 11th of March 2017, it was very hot day. My sister, parents and I went to a wedding to celebrate the love and marriage of Ofa and Sione. Ofa is my aunty and we were all very happy for her.
First, we had to get ready to go, my sister and I wore the same thing and it was the  Tongan traditional clothing to the wedding. While  my mum and dad were getting  ready, my sister and I were doing our hair. My hair was braided and put into a bun, my sister's hair was braided and put into a ponytail.
After a little while when we were all ready to go, we hopped into the car and drove to where the wedding was to be held.The wedding was held at a Tongan community church in Mangere near Favona Rd.


After a while,  we finally arrived at the church and it was so packed with cars so we had to park outside the church on the road. When we went into the church the ceremony  had already started so we had to go in really quietly.


When we went into the church, my parents spoke to many of our family members. We were also trying to look for a seat. Finally my sister spotted a seat that we could all fit in. It was so funny because by the time  we found a seat to sit down in, the ceremony had ended and the bride and groom and the Bride and Groom were coming.The bridesmaids and the groomsmen all look so    gorgeous.


After that, it was time to  drive to where the feast was held it only took us about two minutes to get  there because it was just across the road.


Next, my mum took us into the hall and we sat down at  the table. All  the   food on the table   looked nice but there was  one thing that I did not like  and it was the big already   cooked pig that was in the   middle of the table. It looked kind of disgusting because I have never eaten a whole pig before. Soon a man said a prayer to bless the food and when he was finished with the prayer, we could eat the  food on the table. However, I was only able to eat  a little because I can feel the pig staring at me so I lost my appetite, I went to play with my new friends that I had made. We played ball tiggy and ball rush and it was really fun.


When my parents were full, we went home because my dad  had to go to work at 7 pm. My  auntie  came with us  because she had no one to go home with, it took us 20 minutes to go back home while we were in the car I fell asleep because I  was very tired.


Afterwards we  arrived at home  my auntie had a sleepover at our house. When we got, my mum and I went to sleep and had a great nap.


My favourite part of the day was making new friends and  meeting  my new relatives and my least favourite part of the day was looking at the huge, big pig.

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, three main events and conclusion.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.